Define allowed routes for your website, all other routes will return a 404 error. Permalinks will be overruled.
Login, Backend routes and local files (like wp-login.php) are always available to prevent a lockout.
Also delete all your page caches after enabling to prevent unwanted routing behavior.
- Absolute control over all permalinks
- Prevent unwanted search engine indexing
- Be sure no custom post type adds unwanted permalinks
- No frontend needed
- The routing overrules permalinks and works like a whitelist. Only correct entered routes will go through. You should test the routing before using on production environments
- Be careful using several routing- or redirect plugins at the same time
- Do not forget to delete all your page caches after enabling/disabling the routing to prevent unwanting routing behavior
- The used protocol (HTTP or HTTPS) will be ignored
- GET params will be ignored
- Routes are case sensitive
Syntax / Wildcards:
- The route / allows the index page (Check the checkbox \”Allow index page\”)
- Wildcard * allows a single term with an arbitrary value (e.g. category//page/)
- Wildcard ** permits all possible combinations of terms (e.g. category/**) This wildcard is only allowed at the end of a route
- Wildcards are only allowed as complete terms. Correct: /foo//bar/** Wrong: /foo/ba/test**
Tested up to:
Require PHP Version:
The plugin hasn't been transalated in any language other than English.
The information provided in this THEME/PLUGIN DIRECTORY is made available for information purposes only, and intended to serve as a resource to enable visitors to select a relevant theme or plugin. wpSocket gives no warranty of any kind, express or implied with regard to the information, including without limitation any warranty that the particular theme or plugin that you select is qualified on your situation.
The information in the individual theme or plugin displayed in the Directory is provided by the owners and contributors themselves. wpSocket gives no warranty as to the accuracy of the information and will not be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered by you as a consequence of your reliance on the information.
Links to respective sites are offered to assist in accessing additional information. The links may be outdated or broken. Connect to outside sites at your own risk. The Theme/Plugin Directory does not endorse the content or accuracy of any listing or external website.
While information is made available, no guarantee is given that the details provided are correct, complete or up-to-date.
wpSocket is not related to the theme or plugin, and also not responsible and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind, arising out of the use, reference to, or reliance on, any information or business listed throughout our site.