- NEW: With the new WordPress filter
geoip_detect2_record_data_after_cacheyou can change the record data for testing purposes (see https://github.com/yellowtree/geoip-detect/wiki/API-Usage-Examples#change-record-data-eg-for-testing-purposes)
- NEW: All datasources now also have the properties
extra->flag(containing the flag as Unicode Emoji) and
extra->tel(containing the country dial code)
- Some cleanup in ipstack & showing all properties in backend.
- NEW: It is now possible to use ipstack.com as a data source.
- The Backend Lookup UI now can show all properties and you can choose if you want to see the PHP, Shortcode or JS syntax.
- The auto-updater of the Maxmind City Lite source now updates more often (every 1-2weeks) in order to get more accurate data.
- FIX: When activating the plugin on WordPress MultiSite, an error was thrown before
- NEW: Add body class “geoip-country-is-in-european-union” if the detected country is inside of the European Union
- JS/AJAX support for cached pages (Public BETA now. See https://github.com/yellowtree/geoip-detect/wiki/API%3A-AJAX)
- NEW: If AJAX and body classes are enabled, body classes are added via AJAX.
- NEW: JS/AJAX support for cached pages (This is in BETA. Read https://github.com/yellowtree/geoip-detect/wiki/API%3A-AJAX on how to activate it)
- FIX: Improve performance of unpacking the Maxmind file (Source: Automatic download) – important for hosts with a low max_execution_time
- NEW: On removal (in the Backend), the plugin will delete its options from the database and the downloaded Maxmind file
- NEW: The whitelisted proxies can now be subnets such as
- NEW: Add a ContactForm7-Tag
- NEW: A new wordpress filter allows overriding of the detected geo-information inside the
geoip_detect2_shortcode_show_if-Shortcode. Use the already-existing filter
geoip_detect2_record_informationinstead if you want to override this information for all shortcodes and API calls.
- Updated Maxmind vendor code
- Increased WP minimum version to 4.0
- FIX: ContactForm7-Mailtag disabled mailtags from other plugins.
- NEW: Add ContactForm7-Mailtags so that the user information formatting can be customized:
geoip_detect2_property_city. Of course you can still use
geoip_detect2_user_infoas shortcode for all these informations.
- FIX: On some server, the plugin had wrongly assumed that PHP was compiled without IPv6-support.
- Add default Privacy text for GDPR compliance.
- The reverse proxy logic was heavily changed. If you run into configuration errors, try the debug panel (see link after the reverse proxy option).
- NEW: Reverse proxies can now be whitelisted – all non-whitelisted proxies are treated as user IP.
- NEW: Shortcode to show/hide content dynamically. (
[geoip_detect2_show_if country="US" not_state="Texas"]TEXT[/geoip_detect2_show_if]) (Thanks to @DynAggelos!)
- NEW: All shortcodes now support multiple subdivisions (
- NEW: The CSS classes that are added to the body-tag (if enabled in the options) now also include the most specific subdivision (
- Maxmind vendor code was updated to the current version (2.9.0).
Tested up to:
Require PHP Version:
The information provided in this THEME/PLUGIN DIRECTORY is made available for information purposes only, and intended to serve as a resource to enable visitors to select a relevant theme or plugin. wpSocket gives no warranty of any kind, express or implied with regard to the information, including without limitation any warranty that the particular theme or plugin that you select is qualified on your situation.
The information in the individual theme or plugin displayed in the Directory is provided by the owners and contributors themselves. wpSocket gives no warranty as to the accuracy of the information and will not be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered by you as a consequence of your reliance on the information.
Links to respective sites are offered to assist in accessing additional information. The links may be outdated or broken. Connect to outside sites at your own risk. The Theme/Plugin Directory does not endorse the content or accuracy of any listing or external website.
While information is made available, no guarantee is given that the details provided are correct, complete or up-to-date.
wpSocket is not related to the theme or plugin, and also not responsible and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind, arising out of the use, reference to, or reliance on, any information or business listed throughout our site.