With “A Year Before” you can show the titles of the articles which were written a certain time ago. So you can show in a “historical corner”, what happend in your blog e.g. 30 days, 6 months or a year before. You also can use the “anniversary-mode”, which will display all the posts through the years, which were written on this day and month.
You can use it as a wordpress-widget or put it in your theme as a php-function with parameters.
Using the widget
Just click on the configuration-button of the widget an use the selfexplaining popup-dialog.
Use the output-pattern to define the look of the found articles. Possible patterns are:
- %title% The title of the article
- %link% The link to the article
- %date% The date of the article
- %excerpt% The excerpt of the article. You can define the number of displayed characters bei appending the number like %excerpt80%, which will display 80 characters.
- %thumbnail% The featured image of the article.
Not using the widget
You can call the plugin with a PHP-statement in a WordPress-Theme and pass some parameters in this scheme
You can use the following parameters
- day : the number of days ago you want to show the articles.
- month : the number of month ago you want to show the articles.
- year : the number of years ago you want to show the articles.
- before : piece of HTML to insert before the title of the articles. Default
- after: piece of HTML to insert after the title of the articles. Default
- range: number of days the plugin will search back in the future (relative to the values of day, month and year above) for an article. Meant as a “round about this day”-feature. Default 0
- showdate: shows the date (showdate=1) before every title or not (showdate=0)
- dateformat : dateformat as used by PHP. Default ist the german shortform “d.m.y”
- notfound: the text the plugin will output, if no article is found on the defined date.
- anniversary: if set to 1, the plugin will display all articles ever blogged with the same number of day and month. The parameters “day”, “month”, “year” and “range” will be ignored if used.
- private: show private posts? 0: only public posts 1: private and public posts 2: only private posts. Default 0
- showpages: show pages? 0: No, 1: Yes. Default 0
- posts_max: number of articles to be shown. 0 means ‘all’. Default 0
Shows the titles of the articles written 30 days ago without showing the date. The articles will not been showed as a HTML-list but simply seperated by a linebreak
ayb_posts("month=6&day=14¬found=Nothing blogged on this day.");
The titles of the articles written half a year and two weeks before, also showing the date . If there was no article written on that day, the output will be »Nothing blogged on this day.«
Looks up a year back for written articles. If none are found, the plugin will check the next 14 days in the future. If a article is found on some of this days, all articles of this day will be listed with a “year-month-day”-format.
Shows the title of all posts, which were posted on the same day in the same month, independend of the year. E.g. on chistmas day you will see all posts, which are posted on december 24th since the blog was started.
If you like CSS, you can style the date with the class
ayb_date, the link of the article with the class
ayb_link and the notfound-message by using the class
Deactivate the plugin, then select “delete” in the plugin-panel. The files and the options of this plugin will be deleted. Thank you for using “a year before”. 😉
The information provided in this THEME/PLUGIN DIRECTORY is made available for information purposes only, and intended to serve as a resource to enable visitors to select a relevant theme or plugin. wpSocket gives no warranty of any kind, express or implied with regard to the information, including without limitation any warranty that the particular theme or plugin that you select is qualified on your situation.
The information in the individual theme or plugin displayed in the Directory is provided by the owners and contributors themselves. wpSocket gives no warranty as to the accuracy of the information and will not be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered by you as a consequence of your reliance on the information.
Links to respective sites are offered to assist in accessing additional information. The links may be outdated or broken. Connect to outside sites at your own risk. The Theme/Plugin Directory does not endorse the content or accuracy of any listing or external website.
While information is made available, no guarantee is given that the details provided are correct, complete or up-to-date.
wpSocket is not related to the theme or plugin, and also not responsible and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind, arising out of the use, reference to, or reliance on, any information or business listed throughout our site.