The lightweight plugin “Add infos to the events calendar” provides a shortcode block (image copyright, button with link to events with a special category, link to the website of the organizer) to single events for The Events Calendar Free Plugin (by MODERN TRIBE)
The path to the The Events Calendar (TEC) categories is automatically suggested during installation. To be on the safe side, however, you should check this by going to the relevant event after using the shortcut and checking that the links are executed correctly.
As a rule, the short code (description and examples see below) should be one of the last lines of a single event. However, the short code can also be used in principle in posts. In this case, you should usually not use the option “vl”, because this option refers to events, unless you want to link to a specific category in a contribution on events, for example.
Automatically displays the text from “Caption” (see Media, image details) in italics by default for an event or a post. A copyright notice should be entered in this field.
If the plugin is deleted, the shortcode remains in the posts and events. In this case use a plugin to delete the shortcodes, e.g. Shortcode Cleaner Lite (see wordpress.org). However, there is no guarantee that all shortcodes will be deleted correctly.
Shortcode – Options
- link = link e.g. to organizer
- vl = list of events
- il = e.g. used for internal link
- [fuss link=”https://externer_link.de” vl=””] –> always shows picture credits, then more info with the link to external website and at vl=”” the link to “more events”.
- [fuss vl=””] –> always shows picture credits, but no link to external website and at vl=”” the link to “more events”.
- [fuss] –> always shows picture credits, but no link to external website.
- [fuss link=”https://externer_link.de” vl=”nature”] –> always shows picture credits, then more info with the link to external website and at vl=”Nature” the link to “more events: nature”.
(of course the category must exist in The Events Calendar (this is checked by a function). If the category does not exist, the event list will be shown.)
- [fuss vl=”” il=”http://internal_link.de/example”] –> always shows picture credits, but no link to external website and at vl=”” the link to “more events” and at il=”http://internal_link.de/example” the link to another external or internal webesite.
Tested up to:
Require PHP Version:
The information provided in this THEME/PLUGIN DIRECTORY is made available for information purposes only, and intended to serve as a resource to enable visitors to select a relevant theme or plugin. wpSocket gives no warranty of any kind, express or implied with regard to the information, including without limitation any warranty that the particular theme or plugin that you select is qualified on your situation.
The information in the individual theme or plugin displayed in the Directory is provided by the owners and contributors themselves. wpSocket gives no warranty as to the accuracy of the information and will not be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered by you as a consequence of your reliance on the information.
Links to respective sites are offered to assist in accessing additional information. The links may be outdated or broken. Connect to outside sites at your own risk. The Theme/Plugin Directory does not endorse the content or accuracy of any listing or external website.
While information is made available, no guarantee is given that the details provided are correct, complete or up-to-date.
wpSocket is not related to the theme or plugin, and also not responsible and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind, arising out of the use, reference to, or reliance on, any information or business listed throughout our site.