This plugin creates a new field for Advanced Custom Fields (ACF)
extending the functionality of the built-in Google Map field with several handy features:
- Saves map center. You can center your maps wherever you want and indicate that you want to save that place as map center. This can be handy, if you want your front-end map to show some specific place in the center of the map (not necessary the location marker).
- Saves zoom level.
- Disables (optionally) map zooming with a scrollwheel. Sometimes you can get annoyed with your maps starting to zoom, when you scroll the post in the admin area. This feature comes handy here.
- Shows location coordinates. It is easy to get any place’s location coordinates (latitude and longitude) with this plugin by setting a marker to the place you need using user friendly map interface.
- Compatible with the data format of the Google Map field coming with ACF. See F.A.Q. for details.
- Saves all maps shown at a page in the global array. This is a bonus for programmers. See F.A.Q. for details.
The plugin makes use of the Google Maps API version 3.
The plugin doesn’t use an API key and is therefore operating under the restrictions of the free Google Maps API,
which should be more than enough for most websites.
This ACF field type is compatible with:
- ACF 4
- ACF 5 (PRO version)
- Google Map field coming with ACF 4/5. See F.A.Q.
The plugin is translated to:
There is a POT file under the
lang directory holding all translation strings, so it should be pretty easy to translate to other languages.
Please Vote and Enjoy
Your votes really make a difference! Thanks.
This plugin is licensed under the GPLv2. See http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Tested up to:
Require PHP Version:
The plugin hasn't been transalated in any language other than English.
The information provided in this THEME/PLUGIN DIRECTORY is made available for information purposes only, and intended to serve as a resource to enable visitors to select a relevant theme or plugin. wpSocket gives no warranty of any kind, express or implied with regard to the information, including without limitation any warranty that the particular theme or plugin that you select is qualified on your situation.
The information in the individual theme or plugin displayed in the Directory is provided by the owners and contributors themselves. wpSocket gives no warranty as to the accuracy of the information and will not be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered by you as a consequence of your reliance on the information.
Links to respective sites are offered to assist in accessing additional information. The links may be outdated or broken. Connect to outside sites at your own risk. The Theme/Plugin Directory does not endorse the content or accuracy of any listing or external website.
While information is made available, no guarantee is given that the details provided are correct, complete or up-to-date.
wpSocket is not related to the theme or plugin, and also not responsible and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind, arising out of the use, reference to, or reliance on, any information or business listed throughout our site.