AIPMagazine empower your WordPress website to a powerful publishing platform for digital issues. AIPMagazine brings the proven and familiar issue-based publishing model to the web. There are a lot of benefits to the issue-based model of publishing: publishers love that AIPMagazine’s issue-based digital publishing slows the pace of posting to better suit their existing workflows and readers love the long-format, less-frantic, well-organized reading experience.
AIPMagazine is packed with great features—and more are added with every release! Upon installation, AIPMagazine allows publishers to:
- Create Journals
- Create Issues for a specific Journal with cover image and PDF version
- Create Categories for a specific Journal
- Create Articles either as a WordPress post or uploading a PDF file, assign them to a particular Issue, and apply multiple Categories
- Adding Google Scholar metadatas to an Article
- Publish an Issue (and all related articles) at one time
- Display Archive of Issues on an attractive “Past Issues” archive page either the plugin settings or a widget or a shortcode
- Display the Last Issue article list anywhere on the site either the plugin settings or a widget or a shortcode
- Allow readers to search for content across all Issues
- Select featured articles to be displayed in a Slider using a shortcode
- Select featured articles to be displayed in a Grid together with thumbnail using a shortcode
- Use WordPress’s scheduling ability to schedule and automate the launch of an Issue
Some other benefits:
* AIPMagazine comes with 3 languages out of the box: English, Italian, Spanish)
* AIPMagazine works with any WordPress theme, but it also has a specific theme designed to optimize the user experience
* AIPMagazine is backed by a dedicated team of developers and publishers at Archimede Informatica.
* AIPMagazine is free, but is available also in full version with advanced features (http://journalmagazine.archicoop.it)
Installation and Settings
Go to Plugins->Add New and search for AipMagazine
Click “Install Now” and then “Active Plugin”
Create pages for Current Issue and Past Issues
Go to Pages->Add New
Create a page for your current issue. We recommend using “Current Issue” as the page title.
Create a page for your issue archives. We recommend using “Past Issues” as the page title.
Configure AipMagazine Settings
Go to Magazine->Settings
Choose your page for articles (your current issue page)
Choose your page for issue archives (your past issues page)
You can configure the rest of the options to your liking, or leave them in their default state.
Click “Save Settings”
Create a Journal
Go to Magazine->Journals
Enter the name, the slug, the description and the ISSN of the Journal and click “Add New Journal”
Create an Issue
Go to Magazine->Issues
Enter the name of the issue (i.e. Summer 2014) and click “Add New Journal”
Click on the newly created issue title
Upload a cover image. You can adjust the dimensions of the cover image on the AipMagazine Settings page.
Enter any other information for the issue, if applicable
Add Articles to the Issue
Go to Magazine->Add New
Enter the title and content for your article, just like a normal WordPress post
Add a featured image, if applicable
Choose the issue the article is related to in the Issues sidebar area
Adjust the AipMagazine Article Options at the bottom of the article, if applicable
Add AipMagazine Widgets to Sidebar
Go to Appearance->Widgets
Drag the Issue widget you want to use into your sidebar
Set Issue to Published
Go to Articles->Issues
Click on the title of the issue you want to make live
Change the Issue Status dropdown to “Live”
Tested up to:
Require PHP Version:
This plugin has been closed.
The plugin hasn't been transalated in any language other than English.
The information provided in this THEME/PLUGIN DIRECTORY is made available for information purposes only, and intended to serve as a resource to enable visitors to select a relevant theme or plugin. wpSocket gives no warranty of any kind, express or implied with regard to the information, including without limitation any warranty that the particular theme or plugin that you select is qualified on your situation.
The information in the individual theme or plugin displayed in the Directory is provided by the owners and contributors themselves. wpSocket gives no warranty as to the accuracy of the information and will not be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered by you as a consequence of your reliance on the information.
Links to respective sites are offered to assist in accessing additional information. The links may be outdated or broken. Connect to outside sites at your own risk. The Theme/Plugin Directory does not endorse the content or accuracy of any listing or external website.
While information is made available, no guarantee is given that the details provided are correct, complete or up-to-date.
wpSocket is not related to the theme or plugin, and also not responsible and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind, arising out of the use, reference to, or reliance on, any information or business listed throughout our site.