AlertWire is a system for centralized administration of alert/messaging for multiple sites.
Once your site has been configured in the AlertWire system, you can add this plug-in and set the data-token to enabled the checking of alerts. When the
page is rendered, a
<script> tag will be inserted into the document being rendered.
How AlertWire Works
- The page is generated with the correct API server and
data-tokenconfigured, typically added to the bottom of the page
not interfere with any existing frameworks like jQuery
- A cross-domain JSON request is made to the AlertWire API service to determine if there are any active alerts for the
- If there are one or more alerts to view, a CSS style-sheet will also be loaded from the API server.
- The alerts are then generated dynamically into the document and styled automatically. There are several formats that are rendered
differently (e.g. page-top, lightbox, etc.).
- Tracking pixels are generated to record when a check-in for alerts cccurs and when a view or close or click-through of an alert occurs.
- The CSS file is only loaded if there are alerts to be rendered.
- The plug-in will set a cookie when a user closes an alert to ensure it isn’t displayed again. Depending on the alert type, this cookie may be a
session cookie or a durable cookie with a 1 year expiration.
- A very small font file will be downloaded for the alert icons the first time an alert is displayed to an end user.
The information provided in this THEME/PLUGIN DIRECTORY is made available for information purposes only, and intended to serve as a resource to enable visitors to select a relevant theme or plugin. wpSocket gives no warranty of any kind, express or implied with regard to the information, including without limitation any warranty that the particular theme or plugin that you select is qualified on your situation.
The information in the individual theme or plugin displayed in the Directory is provided by the owners and contributors themselves. wpSocket gives no warranty as to the accuracy of the information and will not be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered by you as a consequence of your reliance on the information.
Links to respective sites are offered to assist in accessing additional information. The links may be outdated or broken. Connect to outside sites at your own risk. The Theme/Plugin Directory does not endorse the content or accuracy of any listing or external website.
While information is made available, no guarantee is given that the details provided are correct, complete or up-to-date.
wpSocket is not related to the theme or plugin, and also not responsible and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind, arising out of the use, reference to, or reliance on, any information or business listed throughout our site.