The Authentiq plugin allows users to simply use their phone to authenticate to your WordPress site, share their identity details safely, and sign out again remotely.
This plugin is for admins that are interested in moving beyond username and password, and do not want to burden their users with typing one time codes from SMS or authenticators or other methods that harm the user experience.
The Authentiq service is free (for most use cases) and does not store any user data centrally, but in the Authentiq ID app on the user’s phone instead.
- Use Authentiq as a convenience sign in (and sign up) method, or as a secure sign in method.
- In the latter case, replacing one time passwords (TOTP) or hardware tokens, option to still accept accounts with classic username & password.
- On every sign in, the profile information is explicitly shared by the Authentiq ID app and updated in the WordPress profile, thus keeping it up to date on every sign in.
- Visitors to your site that already have the Authentiq ID app installed can simply sign up by scanning a QR code or typing their email address and confirm on their phone.
- Block users by (verified) email domain, or limit to specific domains.
- Optionally request social accounts, address, and (verified) phone numbers too.
- Remote sign out: your users can sign out with their Authentiq ID app, even when they left their session signed in on another computer.
- Existing users can activate Authentiq in their profile page for convenience or additional security.
You can check our demo site.
You can have an Authentiq sign in button in any widgetized area / sidebar:
- Go to ‘WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets’.
- Drag and drop the “Authentiq” widget into any widgetized area / sidebar.
- Configure settings on the widget and click save.
Place and configure as many Authentiq widgets as you want.
The plugin can be placed anywhere in your site using WordPress shortcodes.
The shortcode is
Additionally you can set some extra parameters, which are:
- sign_in_text: Text shown in Authentiq button, when user is not signed in, in order to sign in.
- linking_text: Text shown in Authentiq button, when user is signed in, but is not linked with Authentiq yet, in order to link the user account.
- sign_out_text: Text shown in Authentiq button, when user is signed in and linked with Authentiq, in order to sign out.
- color_scheme: Authentiq button color scheme. Use a number from 0: default, 1: purple, 2: orange, 3: grey, 4: white.
[authentiq_login_button sign_in_text="Login" linking_text="Link your account" sign_out_text="Logout" color_scheme=1].
You can even place the shortcode in your template files.
Tested up to:
Require PHP Version:
The plugin hasn't been transalated in any language other than English.
The information provided in this THEME/PLUGIN DIRECTORY is made available for information purposes only, and intended to serve as a resource to enable visitors to select a relevant theme or plugin. wpSocket gives no warranty of any kind, express or implied with regard to the information, including without limitation any warranty that the particular theme or plugin that you select is qualified on your situation.
The information in the individual theme or plugin displayed in the Directory is provided by the owners and contributors themselves. wpSocket gives no warranty as to the accuracy of the information and will not be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered by you as a consequence of your reliance on the information.
Links to respective sites are offered to assist in accessing additional information. The links may be outdated or broken. Connect to outside sites at your own risk. The Theme/Plugin Directory does not endorse the content or accuracy of any listing or external website.
While information is made available, no guarantee is given that the details provided are correct, complete or up-to-date.
wpSocket is not related to the theme or plugin, and also not responsible and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind, arising out of the use, reference to, or reliance on, any information or business listed throughout our site.