With use of Media Categories creating Slide Shows has never been easier!
Go Slider utilizes different approach to media management – it enables categories in media for images. Sliders are created automatically out of Image Categories.
There’s no need to “add” images to the Slider using drag&drop methods or something similar, you can simple skip this step entirely.
Simply specify categories for the images you want to slide and use shortcode to create a slider for specified image category.
That’s it! this process takes just minutes!
There’s many advantages for this method, one for example is that you never need to modify your slider, you can add images to it or substract images out of it simple by managing Media Categories and Go Slider will pick it up automatically.
Go Slider is optimized for speed. Configuration is fast and simple, everything can be done in ShortCode Generator dialog or just by putting Slider shortcode(s) to the page.
Go Slider is 100% compatible with Go Gallery and Image Categories created by Go Gallery. Both plugins can be used together.
- Media Categories Image Slider – let you organize standard Media Library images into categories and create categorized slideshow.
- Short-Codes Driven – Easy to use inline shortcode params
- 100% Responsive – Optimized for Any Screen Sizes and Touch Devices
- Caption Effect
- Unlimited Sliders on Page – Add as much categories and sliders on any page
- Easy to Use Interface
- Cross Browser Compatibility – Works Well on All Popular Browsers
- Full-width and Boxed Layout
- Small Footprint – Lightweight Outputs
- HTML5 Valid and Clean Markups
- Touch Swipe Navigation
- CSS3 Transitions with jQuery Fallback
- Hardware Accelerated
- Random (Shuffle) Ordering Slides Option
- MultiSite Compatible
- Clean and Beautiful Design
- SEO friendly
- Simple Interface
- Easy to use
Understanding Media Categories
Go Slider enables Categories to Media Library Images. All images you want to display with Go Slider has to be categorized. You will notice that Media Library now has one more column to display Media Category for each image.
Go Slider will display images by their Categories. Categorizing images is a simple and straight-forward procedure and it is similar to categorizing your post.
You can add more Media Categories directly in Image Edit or in Media Categories:
ShortCode OPTIONS List
Usage: [goslider OPTION1=’use quotes for text values OPTIONS space separated’ OPTION2=1]
goslider = Go Slider opening shortcode all params follows space separated
cat = ‘category1, category2, …’ – comma separated list of media categories to display
- speed = slider speed in milliseconds ms. (1000 ms. = 1 sec.)
- animation = animations type ( ‘fade’ | ‘slide’ )
- title_color = color ‘#HTML’ of the title text
- desc_color = color ‘#HTML’ of the description text
- nav = display navigation dots (true | false)
- arrows = display navigation arrows (true | false)
- hover_pause = pause on mouse hover (true | false)
- caption = caption display (true | false)
- caption_shadow = caption shadow (true | false)
height = height (in pixels) of the slider
limit = 1-200 – number of images to display (in total)
[goslider cat=’single, couple’]
[goslider cat=’single, couple’ speed=’3000′ height=’300′ animation=’fade’ title_color=’#fff’ desc_color=’#fff’ caption=’true’ caption_shadow=’true’ arrows=’false’ nav=’true’ hover_pause=’true’]
Using Go Slider directly in the theme
You can use Go Slider directly in the theme php file or template like this:
echo do_shortcode("[goslider cat='single, couple']");
- WordPress 3.8+
- WooCommerce 2.2+
- BBpress 2.0+
- BuddyPress 2.0+
- iOS browser
- Android browser