Among the Top 10 most downloaded Genesis plugins ever 🙂 Thank you!
👉 Set Default Layots in Genesis
With this lightweight plugin for the popular Genesis Framework you can very easily modify the (registered) default layouts for homepage, singular pages (for posts and pages), various archive sections, author pages, attachment pages, search results pages, the 404 page – all done via a new admin settings page. Just look for it at the submenu: Genesis > Layout Extras.
Also, you can optionally add Layouts meta box support for post types inpost screens which don’t have it yet. Plus, Genesis Archive Settings for post types could be enabled as well.
As a smart bonus the plugin also includes the layout setting for the bbPress 2.x forum plugin which itself is compatible to Genesis. Also added is the layout setting for other plugins from the Genesis ecosystem or other third-party authors: for example AgentPress Listings which includes the custom post type ‘listings’ and the taxonomy ‘features’. Just have a look on the below listings for full explanation.
Please note: The plugin requires the Genesis Theme Framework (GPL-2.0+), a paid premium product released by StudioPress/ WPEngine, Inc. (via studiopress.com).
🎬 Video of Plugin’s Settings Walkthrough (v2.0.0):
original video link by plugin developer David Decker
🌁 Regular WordPress Sections for a Default Layout Setting
- Home Page (works with
home.php or static page as front page)
- Search Results Page (if there are results)
- Search not found Page (if there are NO results)
- 404 Error Page
- “Post” Pages (default singular post views)
- “Page” Pages (default singular page views)
- Attachment Page (default singular attachment views)
- Author Page (default singular author views)
- Date Archive Page (optional with setting for Year, Month, Day) (default views for date archives)
- Category Page (default category archive views)
- Tag Page (default tag archive views)
- Taxonomy Page (default custom taxonomy views)
🔌 Plugins: Supported Custom Post Types set by Plugins
- Genesis Portfolio Pro: Archive Page for post type “Portfolio” – plus taxonomy “(Portfolio) Type”
- Genesis Author Pro: Archive Page for post type “Book” – plus taxonomy pages for “(Book) Authors”, “(Book) Series” and “(Book) Tags”
- AgentPress Listings: Archive Page for post type “Listings” – plus taxonomy “(Listing) Features”
- Simple Listings for Genesis: Archive Page for post type “Listings” – plus taxonomy “(Listing) Status”
- bbPress 2.x Forum: all Forums (all areas) – plus “Topics” – Integration plugin recommended: bbPress Genesis Extend
- WooCommerce: for all taxonomy pages for “Product Categories” and “Product Tags” – Integration plugin recommended: Genesis Connect for WooCommerce
- Easy Digital Downloads: Archive Page for Custom Type “Downloads” – plus taxonomies “Download Categories” and “Download Tags” – Integration plugin recommended: Genesis Connect for Easy Digital Downloads
- Jigoshop: for all taxonomy pages for “Product Categories” and “Product Tags” – Integration plugin recommended: Genesis Connect for Jigoshop
- Sugar Events Calendar: Archive Page for Custom Type “Events” – plus taxonomy “Event Categories”
- (Legacy) Genesis Media Project: Archive Page for Custom Type “Video” – plus taxonomies “SlideShows”, “Video Categories”, “Video Tags”
- Note: Even more plugins and/ or custom post types (CPTs) may be added in future plugin versions
🤠 Child Themes: Supported Custom Post Types set by Child Themes
- Child Theme: Minimum 2.0 by StudioPress: Archive Page for post type “Portfolio”
- Child Theme: Executive 2.0 by StudioPress: Archive Page for post type “Portfolio”
- These 10 Child Themes by ZigZagPress brand: Bijou, Engrave, Eshop, Megalithe, Neo, Prestige, Single, Solo, Tequila, Vanilla — Archive Page for post type “Portfolio” – plus taxonomy “Portfolio Category” for all of these.
- Child Theme: Clip Cart by Themedy Themes: Archive Page for post type “Products” – plus taxonomy “Product Categories”
- Child Theme: Stage by Themedy Themes: Taxonomy “Photo Galleries”
🚀 Personal Note from Developer (2018)
Please note, this plugin lives on, it is far from “dead”! I could not maintain it the last 5 years (August 2013 until August 2018), as I had personal issues keeping me from it. However, the plugin worked very well in almost all cases over the years, that is due to the super stable Genesis Framework.
UPDATE Is Out! Yes, the update v2.1.0 is finally out (you are on its readme just now). The plugin will get further maintenance and development.
🌟 Be a Contributor
If you want to translate, go to the Translation Portal at translate.wordpress.org.
You can also contribute code-wise via our Genesis Layout Extras GitHub Repository – and see where you can help.
😁 Liked Genesis Layout Extras Plugin?
♥ This Plugin …
⏰ Recommended Time Saver
Try Toolbar Extras for Genesis my other great plugin for Site Builders and admins: Building sites with Genesis or Elementor or both? Your work will get easier & faster with Toolbar Extras. With extended plugin & theme support baked right in. Of course, “Genesis Layout Extras” is integrated as well 🙂
🔌 Check out my other Genesis Plugins
🔌 My Other WordPress Plugins